When I was out with my mum, supposedly Reggie had eaten dark chocolate (which can be toxic), 300mg of it. Thank goodness it wasn't 1000mg, which can be dangerous. Reggie seemed himself although, mainly because the food hadn't digested through his system yet, but he constantly hacked, trying to vomit, but he just swallowed it. My mother called the vet, and they questioned the whole situation until they reached a decision of that it was not very bad, but they didn't want the risk of him being worse so they called him over anyway.
They injected him so he'd feel sick and finally puke; he did for about half an hour before they injected him again to settle his stomach. We waited in the waiting
room where he lay, exhausted and dehydrated. It was all good, but his eyes were bloodshot, and I had never seen him that sad ever, especially in comparison when he first arrived. I felt extremely sorry for him, but extremely relieved as well. He is home now, behaving somewhat peculiar but his last injection hadn't kicked in yet so we'll wait and see. I'm trying to get him to rest, but he keeps sleeping near his water bowl instead of his bed so I just left him. Hopefully he'll be back to himself in a couple of hours or tomorrow.
I know that his stomach is still upset but his tail is wagging, so that's a sign. Blessings to him! UPDATE:
When I arrived at my father's house, Reggie was behaving somewhat better, and he had a companion (Chewie!). I gave him half a tin of special medicine food that the vet had given me with charcoal and he had only eaten half but the next day he was better! I am so happy that he's back to the Reginald I know and soon I will be getting a bloody camera of my own so I can take photos of him and maybe Chewie. He's fully recovered and eating again. I don't think he has a great fondness for the special food as he gulps up everything else he is given in seconds, but he does eat it overall, sometimes I need to encourage him but he's only got half a tin left, and eaten all the charcoal. After the incident I examined the whole living room for any signs of chocolate, to prevent this mess happening again! Although, occasionally if this happened, we would know what to do!
Thanks for all your support, it really reassured me! Reggie would love you all (although he loves anyone)!
Reggie at the vet.